Just now I ran across a funny question over at Yahoo! Answers on mathematical pick-up lines, and I decided to pick out a few favourites (taken from Y!A and elsewhere):
- My love for you is a monotonically increasing unbounded function. (I think in order to see this as funny you have to imagine somebody saying it with feeling.)
- Your beauty cannot be spanned by a finite basis of vectors.
- I don’t like my current girlfriend. Mind if I do a you-substitution?
- I wish I were your problem set, because then I’d be really hard, and you’d be doing me on the desk.
Also worthy of mention:
- Your lab bench, or mine?
- Your mama’s so fat she has a proper subgroup isomorphic to herself.
- I’m a fermata… hold me.
Last but not least, there is this gem:
Let f(x) be a function of interest. Then we can find a model ∀x: f(x) ≈ 0 ± G where G is Graham’s number. I think this model will prove useful in many branches of science!
Next time you need to buy your friend a birthday present, save money by getting them a deluxe 0-sized Pango board!